Fit for Christ
We want to be spiritually fit, but what about physically fit? When we are both, what a blessing! Here are some general tips to be physically fit for Christ:
• Don’t skip meals and watch your portions sizes at those meals.
• Think before you drink. Beverages can have lots of calories. Water is best.
• Be good to your heart and waistline. Limit fried and fatty foods.
• Have a “Meatless Monday.” Occasional meatless meals with beans, veggies, and fruit are healthy and filling. Try to include fresh fruits and veggies daily.
• MOVE! It has been said that sitting is the new smoking. Thirty minutes of activity on most days – even if it is spread out for 10 minutes at a time – will do it.
• Stress less, pray more, and get your zzzz’s. A good night’s rest is important.
Any step towards good health is a step in the right direction. Healthier choices throughout the day can add up to big benefits and lead to a change in behaviors for a healthy lifestyle.
Submitted by: Joyce Laird